Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Virgin BLOGGER no more!

I have never posted my own blog before. To be honest, the only blogging experience I ever had before this consisted of a few occasional mindless blurbs on a couple of social networking sites. That is where I'm coming from. Where I'm hoping to end up is somewhere completely different.

Throughout the course of my Online Print and Media class with Duncan McMonagle, I'm hoping to develop my writing so that it provokes intellectual conversation. I want to be the kind of writer who leaves an imprint on their reader. I want my readers to understand me, and relate to me, so that if I happen to come across them in the halls, they feel comfortable enough to stop me and engage in conversation. We can have a meaningful conversation about the miners trapped underground in Chile, or just shoot the bull about the latest and greatest installment in the Street Fighter video game franchise.

And of course, I want to get better at finding errors in other people's writing, so I can point them out in the hopes of helping the author(s) grow as a writer/editor. I also do it to poke fun and make jokes, but let's be honest, who doesn't?

Feel free to post comments and critique me and my writing. I have a long way to go, so your help is very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment